Q:Hey this is gonna sound kinda silly but would you mind tagging stuff with the trigger first instead of after "tw"?
Of course! It’s not silly at all!
Thank you for bun, I needed bun. ;A;
bun is important, but you are strong even when you are the only bun. The bun that you are is El-ahrairah, swift and clever and favored of Frith.
;_____; Thank you. So much.
Q:Thank you so much. ;_; You are so sweet and that meant a lot. A lot. Thank you.
i know that sometimes when our words are strongest, our legs are shaking the most. I thought you could use a reminder that those words swirl back behind you to help those in your shadow, and that we are here to hold you up if you fall.
I need to reblog this here so I can look at it when I am scared. ;_; I am scared a lot. Especially when I try to speak up. Thank you so much.
Oh gosh. Just received word a relative attempted suicide. He’s stabilized and apparently “in good spirits,” but. Wow. Shit. Just wow.
Q:You did a really awesome thing today by standing up to that guy in class!
I’m worried that I did a FOOLISH thing because I kind of outed myself and have no idea how he/the rest of the class will react.
ugh. I’m going to lie down. Thank you though.
omg. i’m. omg. I was just in class and it’s really rare for me to speak up in class at ALL, much less about anything important and so we were putting ideas up on the board for future class discussions, and one guy in class is this very loud, consistently cissexist, militant-atheist white guy henceforth known as Rudebro. We’ve had tense moments. Anyway, this happens:
Someone suggesting a topic: “The soul!”
Rudebro: “How about PSEUDOSCIENCE versus REAL SCIENCE?”
Someone Else: “Well maybe cryptoscience and unexplained phenomena in general?”
Rudebro: “How about FACTS? Oh, I got one, DO GENDERS THINK AND VIEW TRUTH DIFFERENTLY?” (the first two people to speak up were women, and his tone was entirely a “psh, WOMEN, AMIRITE” thing)
Me: *annoyed, can’t keep quiet anymore* “Which genders?”
Rudebro: “YOU know.”
Me: “No I don’t. There are more than male and female.”
Rudebro: “The BIOLOGICAL SEXES.”
Me: “HOW ABOUT TRANS 101!?”
Class: *REACTS* *some laughs, some actual claps, a ton of gasps*
Teacher: … *writes Trans 101 on the board*
i am going to crawl into a hole because I can’t believe I said that and I feel simultaneously kind of proud and extremely embarrassed and anxious. here is the hole. i will stay in the hole. I mean, I felt like it was important to say and it was received okay, but like. Oh dear. Ohhhh dear.
Q:Once you receive this you must share five random facts about yourself. Then pass this over to ten of your favorite follows~! :)
UM UM UM UM
* One of the first things I’m planning on doing once Chameleon Moon is published is doing a big Goodwill donation dump of clothes and stuff, and going shopping at ACTUAL STORES. Because until now, my family has been in the financial position where we literally only get clothes from thrift stores, and they are often weirdly fitting and falling apart. Once I start getting book money, I’m getting REAL CLOTHES! :D
* Check out my tag Mutant and Proud for a crapton of weird genetic and chronic stuff! My body and brain are weird! And interesting?
* We just got my snorking doggie shaved yesterday and she looks like a puppy and is probably like 5 pounds lighter without all the fluff!!
* All of the animals I’ve ever had have all come running when I start singing and I feel like a legit Disney princess. (Except I sing them things like Queen and geeky TV show themes. And I swear they’ve had their favorite songs. My cat Amadeus liked “Lollipop” (the old 50’s song) and my dog loves the Firefly theme.)
* The other thing I want to do for my book release is dye my hair hot pink. Because I’ve always wanted to do that.
"It’s a metaphor…"
SYLVER I’M SO SORRY I HAD TO
I was going to draw him with a bunny ear headband on but I got lazy with that idea I’m sorry.
ohHHH M YGOD it took me like five seconds to figure it out but WHEN I DID
ITS TOTALLY A METAPHOR
(well, all of parole IS, for chronic pain/anxiety/depression/marginalization)
Holy crap, I love you
In honor of Easter, please watch this deeply religious, inspirational, and historically accurate video
Carl Anderson is my special guy ;A;
HAPPY JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR DAY!
Yeessss. Also, what a treasure trove of reaction gifs.
Ever have an assigned class reading where you see the incredibly tiny print covering the huge pages and it just goes on and on about epistemology and experiental versus presentational knowledge and you do not understand a SINGLE WORD and your eyes go out of focus and the entire thing blurs and your head throbs and then you slip into the black abyss into which you’re looking, which you realize is also looking into you, and everything goes dark forever and you become the void
My favorite banishing-winter-and-welcoming-spring song. Ever. (Sung by John Freaking Cameron Mitchell, no less.) I say be gone, ye howlin’ gales, be off, ye frosty morns…
Happy Easter, 2014
Winter’s on the wing, here’s a fine spring morn,
Comin’ clean through the night, come the May I say.
Winter’s taking flight, sweeping dark cold air
Out to sea, spring is born, come the day I say.
And you’ll be here to see it!
Stand and greet it all the day!
Stoop and feel it,
Stop and hear it!
Spring, I say!
- “Winter’s on the Wing,” from The Secret Garden musical, perfect companion song.