What I this and where can I get it?
This GIFset is from “Moulin Rouge,” one of my favorite movies/musicals in the world, starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan Mcgregor. It should be on Netflix, or somewhere else easy to find on the interwebs. I HIGHLY recommend it, especially if you like gorgeous, spectacular (spectacular) over-the-top glorious visuals and musical numbers, 80’s songs (seriously, David Bowie and Queen fans are going to be hAPPY. It’s a “jukebox musical” but covers a lot of different artists with some original songs) and ridiculous love stories that make you FEEL THINGS in spite of yourself.
Uh, it’ll also make you cry though probably. It will make you very happy and then very sad, and then happy again because you’ll probably want to watch it a million more times. like me.
no mom i cant take out the trash, kim kardashian is throwing me a birthday party. you wouldnt understand.
Q:Demona vs. the Warner Siblings. Would there be a winner or would the world just implode?
Hate to say it - the Warners would win. Demona is WAY too easily annoyed and she would fall for everything.
"DESTROY ALL ANIMANIACS! HUMANS CAN WAIT! THE WARNER SIBLINGS MUST PAY!”
definition: a gender which includes any two distinct gender experiences, either simultaneously or alternately
coined by: unknown
i feel like there’s a typing equivalent to ‘resting bitchface’ and that’s my tendency to type with no punctuation or capitals so it looks like i’m being sarcastic but i’m really not i just don’t have the energy to type expressively or blink
This is a casting call for a paid role. Check below the “Read More” line for the actual casting call. Please help us spread the word!
Watching our own pilot, something became apparent. While our show has POC actors, all were of lighter complexion, and we hadn’t…
wow this is important
do you ever get bitter to the point where you actually get mad at stories or people for making you feel things? Like no, there is no room for positivity or hope or love in this blackened crusty burnt toast of a heart. Stop making me want to open up and be vulnerable. Fuck you, never again. Go tempt someone else into temporary happiness and ultimate fragility.
things I want to see:
- tattooed young Hera who redefines what it means to be feminine
- Apollo enjoying counterculture modern music that isn’t what your grandaddy listens to because the god of music loves all music
- Hermes dropping the internet connection of late-night bloggers when he thinks they need to get more sleep
- Aphrodite at the forefront of modern fashion, not just for mainstream fashion but all types of beauty
- Apollo keeping tabs on the mental health of all his followers because mental illness is illness too
- Hera rejecting political campaigns and bringing together queer couples because the goddess of marriage knows better than some old congressman what marriage is
- Zeus traveling the world enjoying the various diversity of his world under culturally-appropriate disguises in each country, stopping to perform quiet blessings to people who deserve it and yet who never know who that strange older man was who helped them or gave them exactly the sort of wise guidance they needed
- Ares annoying Apollo by constantly demanding updates on the wellbeing of his injured veterans and wanting to know what Apollo plans to do about their combat-related injuries and mental illnesses
- Ares whispering in the ears of anti-war protesters to keep world governments from using nuclear weapons
- Athena on the ground in the Middle East, following around military scouts and diverting attacks before they even notice them
- Hermes disguised as a male nurse, quietly walking between beds in terminal care facilities, easing pain in everyone he passes by
- Haides patiently explaining the whole “yes, I’m that Haides” “yes, this is that underworld” “no, no one’s going to torture you with fire” thing to every single person who enters his realm and never getting frustrated no matter how many times the Christians ask him about hell
- Poseidon getting a drink in the local bars in small coastal towns because he likes to listen to the tall tales the fishermen tell as they come in from their crab boats
- Hephaestus gleefully inventing new creations because smithing is so much more interesting with modern technology
- Demeter convincing Zeus to sabotage the political lobbying of big agricultural corporations to protect her beloved small-time farmers
- Hestia strolling through the suburbs calming down family arguments in the neighborhoods she visits
- Artemis taking her responsibility for the wellbeing of young ladies seriously and invisibly sitting next to every heartbroken teenage girl crying her eyes out over some lost highschool love
- Dionysus impersonating bartenders and demanding patrons’ car keys when they’ve had too much
- Gods that aren’t stuck in the ancient past
Because they are not stuck in the ancient past.